l spent the summer playing on the

lw789

l spent the summer playing on the

Postautor: lw789 » 12 lut 2019, 03:16

NEWARK, N.J. -- Martin Brodeur is staying with the New Jersey Devils. Despite speculation that the Devils were considering dealing the NHLs career leader in wins, the 41-year-old will finish his 20th consecutive season in New Jersey after Wednesdays trade deadline expired. Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello refused to say whether any teams either inquired about Brodeurs availability or they offered him to anyone. He also refused to say whether Brodeur had waived his no-trade clause or given him a list of teams to which he would agree to be traded. Lamoriello blamed the recent trade speculation about Brodeur on the media. "Its just a shame that without no substance at different times and no facts that people say things," Lamoriello said. The longtime Devils executive, however, refused to say whether Brodeur was a topic in his trade discussions. "Why are we dealing in hypotheticals, I have no idea," Lamoriello said. "Its not the case. So why we react and try to look for something thats no there and create a story out of nothing." Brodeur did not attend the Devils optional practice Wednesday and he was not immediately available for comment. The NHLs career leader in wins, minutes played, games played, losses and shutouts had fuelled some of the trade talk by saying he was not happy with playing time in recent weeks. Counting his 4-3 win over Detroit on Tuesday, he had started two of the Devils last 10 games, playing a backup to Cory Schneider. Brodeur started the season as the Devils top goaltender but he has taken a back seat to Schneider. Devils coach Pete DeBoer said there isnt a No. 1 goaltender for the Devils. "I think Cory grabbed the ball here prior to the Olympic break and ran with it for a while," DeBoer said. "Prior to that, Marty ran with it for a while. So I think its been there for either of them to grab and they have at different respective times. And thats the case moving forward." Brodeur has a special place in the hearts of Devils fans. They chanted "Mar-tee, Mar-tee" at times during the win over the Red Wings, in case Tuesday was the last game for the man who has been awarded the Vezina Trophy as the leagues top goalie four times and is a three-time Stanley Cup champion while playing his entire career with the Devils. "I dont think you ever replace Marty," Schneider said after Wednesdays workout. "I am not him. I am not going to be him. I will try to be myself and do my thing and take some of the stuff that I learned from a lot of great people that I played with along the way, him being one of them." Brodeurs contract expires after this season and he could explore free agency next season. In their only move of the day, the Devils acquired forward Tuomo Ruutu from the Carolina Hurricanes for centre Andrei Loktionov and a conditional third-round pick in 2017. "He does the things we like to see, he gets right in your face," Lamoriello said of Ruutu, who has five goals and 11 assists in 57 games this season and waived a no-trade clause to come to New Jersey. The 31-year-old Finn has shown scoring ability. He has 138 goals and 186 assists in 606 career games over 10 seasons with Chicago and Carolina. "Our intention certainly was to try and get a top nine forward with a lot of grit, who competes and who has a habit of playing in big games," Lamoriello said. "Weve played against him enough over the years. We feel good about it." The Hurricanes have agreed to retain some of Ruutus salary, which is $5 million annually. Loktionov had four goals and eight assists in 48 games. He was acquired from Los Angeles in 2013. Lamoriello is confident that Devils can find a way to get back to the playoffs after missing them last season. "I think some of our players are just starting to find themselves after the break, and a couple of others who are ready to achieve," he said. "We are a team. We play like a team. Our coaching staff has done a great job of maximizing that. Once you get in the playoffs, its anyones chance but first you have to get there. Were right there in the mix. We have to win. Ii cant put it any simpler than that." Womens Air Jordan 3 Retro . The first of the three games will be played in Week 4, when the Oakland Raiders will take on the Miami Dolphins on Sept. Black Air Jordan 3 Retro . Gorges is believed to have suffered the injury while blocking a shot with a hand during Montreals win over the Toronto Maple Leafs on Saturday. The Canadiens added to their defensive depth this week by acquiring veteran Mike Weaver from the Florida Panthers. http://www.cheapairjordan3retro.com/. Better still, its in the same team and there are 13 races left for it to develop. Air Jordan 3 Retro Outlet ." Argos general manager Jim Barker uttered those words during an interview with TSN 1050 radio just prior to the CFLs annual free agent frenzy. Air Jordan 3 Retro Sale . Cincinnati has lost back-to-back games in overtime, wasting a chance to take a commanding lead in their division.Andrew Wiggins has become a household name, largely due to the unparalleled media attention he has received. Particularly leading into the Vaughan, Ontario natives freshman year at the University of Kansas, with the ESPN Magazine and Sports Illustrated covers, a GQ feature, and SportsCentre highlights that have created an immeasurable amount of excitement - so much so, that it makes it impossible to live up to the hype. Traditionally, the early part of most NCAA programs schedules are loaded with cupcake opponents, and teams or players arent truly tested until conference play in the new year. However on Tuesday night, the State Farm Championship Classic not only pit the #4 Duke Blue Devils against the #5 Kansas Jayhawks in not only a top level match up, but featured the #1 (Wiggins) and #2 (Jabari Parker) high school recruits in the country squaring off against one another. Wiggins would face a true test to see if he was every bit as good as the hype. There would no longer be any questions, judging the ease and ability of his game against his inferior opponents. Despite what the players said, the match-up of Wiggins vs. Parker didnt disappoint for in the closely contested basketball game that showcased much more talent then the two heralded freshmen, it was still Wiggins leading his Jayhawks down the stretch to a 94-83 victory. Notwithstanding foul trouble, which kept him on the bench for much of the first half, Wiggins finished the game with 22 points and eight rebounds. His step back jumper with 1:33 left and fast break dunk seconds later started a 10-2 Jayhawks run to close out the game. He shot 9-15 from the field with many of those high percentage baskets on the break. Wiggins had eight transition points, one more than the entire Blue Devils team. While Parker had a monstrous first half with 19 points, he fouled out, trying to stop Wiggins, ironically, with 27 points and nine rebounds. Earlier in the evening, #1 ranked Kentucky fell to #2 Michigan State and UKs super freshman Julius Randle added 27 points and 13 rebounds in the loss. "Big players make big plays," Wiggins said. "I think our whole team, whoever was on the court, every possession we made a big play. Thats why we came out on top." Despite the competition, Wiggins was the biggest player of the night and much like his personality, performed with a modest display of his abilities. Hee still teases with his untapped potential, but rose to the occasion to prove that in fact, the hype is real.dddddddddddd. FIVE CANADIANS TO WATCH, THIS NCAA SEASON Unquestionably, all eyes are on Wiggins but here are five other Canadians that will garner attention this season. Nik Stauskas, Small Forward, University of Michigan (Sophomore) Last season, the Mississauga, Ontario swingman was playing in the NCAA Championship game as a freshman. The deadly 3-point shooter returns, without teammates Naismith Player of the Year Trey Burke and shooting guard Tim Hardaway Jr., who have both gone to the NBA and will be relied upon more heavily by the Wolverines. Stauskas added 16 pounds of muscle during the offseason and committed to improving his defense. Kevin Pangos, Point Guard, Gonzaga University (Junior) Pangos is the head of the snake for the Bulldogs, and will have more work cut out for him without NBA lottery pick Kelly Olynyk. The Holland Landing, Ontario native averaged 11.9 points a game and shot .417% from the 3-point line last season. Pangos looked to improve on both sides of the ball, leading Canadas Development Team this summer. Tyler Ennis, Point Guard, Syracuse University (Freshman) As a freshman, Ennis steps into the starting line-up as Michael Carter-Williams left for the NBA, and will take the reigns of the Orangemen offense. As the only true point guard on the roster the Brampton, Ontario playmaker is known as a facilitator, but he can put the ball in the net. Ennis led the Under 19 World FIBA Championships tournament in scoring this past summer, averaging 20.9 points per game. Dwight Powell, Power Forward, Stanford University (Senior) Last season, the Toronto, Ontario native was named Pac-12 Most Improved Player of the Year along with All Pac-12 First Team honours averaging a team-high 14.9 points a game and 8.4 rebounds. Powell spent the summer playing on the Canadian Mens Development Team touring China and competing in the World University Games shooting 61.9% from the field and averaging 12.1 points and 5.1 rebounds. Daniel Mullings, Shooting Guard, New Mexico State (Junior) Mullings is a versatile player and a solid perimeter defender that chipped in 13.8 points, 5.2 rebounds and 2.3 steals per game last season. He will have an expanded role this year and was voted pre-season Western Athletic Conference player of the year. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '