erberg slid across the crease

lw789

erberg slid across the crease

Postautor: lw789 » 06 gru 2018, 06:35

BOSTON -- The Bruins pelted Carey Price with 51 shots. An overtime bid by Bostons Carl Soderberg slid across the crease behind the goalie but didnt go in. The team with the NHLs best regular-season record had plenty of chances. So coach Claude Julien says the Bruins are feeling positive after the Montreal Canadiens 4-3, double-overtime victory in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference semifinals Thursday night. "Of course it is," he said Friday. "There was no panic after the game. It was only Game 1 and its a long series." And Canadiens coach Michel Therrien didnt sound overconfident going into Game 2 on Saturday. "The Bruins," he said, "were the best team in the league all season long and they had a good first round and they played a solid game (Thursday)." But after having nine days off after Montreals sweep of Tampa Bay, Therrien thinks his team can improve. Price was outstanding, but the Canadiens know they cant let 51 shots get through to him again. "He stole that game for us," forward Brian Gionta said. The Bruins helped. Sloppy play led to 13 takeaways by Montreal, while Boston had just three. The Bruins also allowed two goals on the three power plays after the Canadiens had just two in 13 opportunities in the four games against the Lightning. The Bruins, after five days off, started slowly and trailed 2-0 after the second period on goals by P.K. Subban on a power play and Rene Bourque. Boston tied it in the first seven minutes of the third on goals by Reilly Smith and Torey Krug. "We had some great chances there in the second half of the second. It just took us a while to get our game going," Julien said. "I thought from midway through the second period on, thats where we were at our best." Francis Bouillon gave Montreal the lead midway through the third period before Johnny Boychuk tied it with 1:58 left in regulation. The Bruins took 14 shots in the first overtime then lost on Subbans power-play goal 4:17 into the second overtime. "We need to do a better job boxing out, blocking shots, and disturbing their entries" on power plays, Boston centre Patrice Bergeron said, "doing a better job on our forecheck. Thats all." But Bergeron, one of the NHLs top faceoff players, lost the draw and Subban scored just seven seconds after a penalty to Bostons Matt Bartkowski. Bruins defenceman Zdeno Chara didnt have enough time to get in front of Subbans blast from the blue line. "Its tough for him to come out and block that shot," Subban said. "I think he did all he could to get in my lane, but by the time he already did, I had already let it go." So now the Bruins are in the same spot where they were after Game 1 of the opening round. They lost 1-0 to Detroit then won the next four games to advance. Three years ago, they lost the first two games of the first round at home against Montreal then won it in seven games and went on to capture the Stanley Cup. "I dont think we can even think about winning the series," Subban said. "When there is success you have to take it and get better." The Bruins had plenty of success putting shots on Price. Boychuk had six and Bartkowski, David Krejci and Smith had five each. "Those games are going to happen. You just hope they dont happen in the playoffs," Smith said. "They have a good goaltender on the other side, and its something we really have to focus on, making life a little bit more difficult on him." After a close game in which they outplayed the Canadiens in several aspects, the Bruins expect to show resiliency, just as they did after falling behind 2-0 and 3-2 on Thursday. "We didnt get the first one," Boston right wing Jarome Iginla said, "but, at the same time, we did a lot of things that we feel are a part of our game and were effective, and we stay with that." But the Canadiens wont be satisfied with gaining a split in Boston. "The Bruins played a really solid game," Therrien said. "The thing I know and I believe is that our team is going to be better next game." Hassan Whiteside Jersey .com) - The San Francisco Giants delivered plenty of big hits to tie the World Series. Tyler Johnson Jersey . Brooks replaces right-hander Yordano Ventura, who left his last outing with a sore elbow. Ventura is expected to miss one start. Brooks has made one relief appearance for the Royals this season, allowing six runs in two innings in a May 3 loss to Detroit. http://www.basketballheatshop.info/Chea ... at-Jersey/. All of 46 seconds into the Pittsburgh Penguins 3-2 victory over Alex Ovechkins struggling Washington Capitals, Crosby assisted on Chris Kunitzs goal. Miami Heat Jerseys .C. -- Eric Staal kept his focus after his apparent breakaway goal was waived off early in the third period. Udonis Haslem Jersey .com) - A pair of programs shooting for their 10th win of the season get together at Madison Square Garden on Saturday, as the NC State Wolfpack tangle with 22nd-ranked West Virginia during the challenge round of the Gotham Classic.SOCHI, Russia -- Age is just a number for Canadian Paralympian Mac Marcoux. The 16-year-old from Sault Ste. Marie, Ont., and guide Robin Femy from Mont Tremblant, Que., captured gold in mens giant slalom at the Sochi Paralympics on Saturday, adding to the two bronze medals he claimed earlier in the Games. Marcoux -- the youngest member of Canadas Paralympic team -- led from start to finish in the mens visually impaired category, dominating in their first of two runs and easily maintaining their lead in the second run. "Its so awesome. Its still setting in. Ive never been so excited after a race," said Marcoux, who won with a two-run combined time of two minutes, 29.62 seconds. "When we crossed the finish line and Rob told me we won, my heart stopped for a second. I crashed into him and just couldnt speak. "All of what has happened at Sochi has exceeded my expectations. I never thought I would win a medal, let alone three." Marcoux and Femy only began skiing together two weeks ago when Marcouxs regular guide and older brother, BJ Marcoux, injured his back. Marcoux and Femy put any doubts of their fledgling partnership to rest early in the Games by winning bronze in downhill and super-G -- even winning their super-G medal with a broken radio headset and no communication. Immediately following Saturdays giant slalom, BJ, who has been by his brothers side all week, ran to Marcoux and the two embraced in a teary hug. "That was a pretty emotional hug. We both broke down a little bit," Marcoux said. "Weve been through everything together since we first started skiing together eight years ago and he has been the most supportive person. This is as much his medal as it is mine." As youngster Marcoux wraps up his first Paralympics with three medals, veteran Chris Williamson, from Toronto, skied in his final Paralympic race on Saturday. Williamson, who won bronze in the mens slalom on Thursday, said he feels like he is passing the torch to Marcoux. "I have a huge mix of emotions here at my last Paralympics, but Imm so pleased to have a medal and its pretty clear that visually impaired skiing in Canada is in good hands with Mac!" said Williamson, who finished fifth (2:37.dddddddddddd.57). Jakub Krako of Slovakia (2:31.66) won the silver medal in the mens visually impaired category, and Russias Valerii Redkozubov earned bronze (2:33.57). Canadas mens sit-skiers didnt fare well in the giant slalom, with Josh Dueck, of Kimberley, B.C., Caleb Brousseau, from Terrace, B.C., and Calgarys Kurt Oatway all not finishing their first runs. Standing skier Kirk Schornstein, of Spruce Grove, Alta. finished 13th (2:40.97). Also at the Paralympics, Canadas national sledge hockey team won bronze, defeating Norway 3-0 in Saturdays bronze medal game at Shayba Arena. The medal is Canadas fourth all-time at the Paralympics; it won gold in 2006 in Torino, Italy, silver in 1998 in Nagano, Japan, and bronze in 1994 in Lillehammer, Norway, in addition to this years third-place finish. Billy Bridges of Summerside, P.E.I., scored twice to lead the Canadian offence, while Brad Bowden of Orton, Ont., added the other goal as Canada found the back of the net three times in 6:12 early in the second period to break open a scoreless game. Bowden finished with a goal and two assists, and Corbin Watson of Kingsville, Ont., made 10 saves for his third shutout in four games. Canada defeated China 5-4 in the semifinals and then went on to defeat Russia 8-3 in the final match to win the gold medal. In the 4x2.5-kilometre mixed para-Nordic skiing relay, Quebec Citys Sebastien Fortier, Robbi Weldon of Thunder Bay, Ont., and Ottawas Margarita Gorbounova did not finish. In the 4x2.5-kilometre open relay, Chris Klebl of Canmore, Alta., along with Brian McKeever, also from Canmore, and his guides of Erik Carleton, from Canmore, and Whitehorses Graham Nishikawa placed fourth in the open 4x2.5-kilometre relay with a time of 25:51.9. McKeever and company will look to win their third gold medal of the week on Sunday when they hit the start line for the final Nordic race of the 2014 Games. cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '