Nashville, TN (Sports Network) - A jury has found two former Vanderbilt football players guilty on all counts for their

lw789

Nashville, TN (Sports Network) - A jury has found two former Vanderbilt football players guilty on all counts for their

Postautor: lw789 » 13 sty 2019, 01:38

Nashville, TN (Sports Network) - A jury has found two former Vanderbilt football players guilty on all counts for their participation in an on-campus rape during June of 2013. Cory Batey and Brandon Vandenburg were each convicted on four charges of aggravated rape, one of attempted aggravated rape and two for aggravated sexual battery. Vandenburg was also found guilty of tampering with evidence as well as an unlawful photography charge. Both are scheduled for sentencing on March 6. Two other former players, Brandon Banks and Jaborian Tip McKenzie, are still awaiting trial as part of the case. The incident occurred in Vandenburgs dorm room, with the victim then a 21- year student who has since graduated from the university. All four players, none of which ever appeared in a game for the Commodores, were suspended by the school shortly after the investigation took place. Assistant district attorney Jan Norman read a prepared statement, which The Tennessean transcribed, from the victim after the verdicts were announced. Thank you to everyone who has supported me throughout this difficult process, the statement began. Im thankful that the criminal justice system will hold the defendants responsible for their violent crimes. The hard work of the law enforcement officers, prosecutors and victims advocates who dedicated so many months of their lives to this case has made justice possible. You are my heroes and I am so proud of and grateful for each of you. I am also hopeful that the publicity this case has received will lead to a discussion of how we can end sexual violence on college campuses. Finally, I want to remind other victims of sexual violence: You are not alone. You are not to blame. Batey was a redshirt freshman safety and Vandenburg a junior college transfer from California that was expected to compete for a starting role at tight end. Banks was a sophomore cornerback and McKenzie a redshirt freshman wide receiver. McKenzie testified during Batey and Vandenburgs trial, stating that he had no physical contact with the victim but was in the room taking pictures. Jordan Retro 12 For Sale Cheap .J. - The New Jersey Devils know the odds are against them as they chase a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. Jordan 12 Cheap Real . It will mark the 22nd time the tournament has been held in this country and fourth in Atlanta Canada but will make its first appearance ever in played Nova Scotia. http://www.cheapairjordan12canada.com/. He was still a kid, going into his senior year of high school. Thursday, the point guard stood in front of a couple dozen members of the media and spoke with poise about how much hed grown since then, and how hes ready for the next level. Jordan Retro 12 Canada . I kept my eyes focused up on the camera during each approach. I just tried to stay focused on my form, as I didnt know what the ball reaction was. I was quite emotional at the end. I did not actually see any of the shots in the game until I got home and watched the video. Jordan 12 For Sale Canada . Felix Pie had an RBI double earlier in the inning, as Baltimore rallied for three runs to overcome a 3-2 deficit. J.J. Hardy had two hits and Matt Wieters chipped in with an RBI double for the Orioles, who pushed their winning streak to three games.(SportsNetwork.com) - Its been 21 long years since the Pittsburgh Pirates have been in this position. Who can blame them for wanting to stick around a little longer? Pittsburgh will continue its first postseason run since 1992 on Thursday when they start the best-of-five National League Division Series against the St. Louis Cardinals at Busch Stadium. "We know the Cardinals and they know us; there wont be any secrets," Pirates second baseman Neil Walker said. Of course, these teams are no stranger to one another, having played 19 times in the regular season. In fact from June 21 on, it was essentially a two-horse race for bragging rights in the NL Central before St. Louis eventually pulled away from Pittsburgh and captured its first division title since 2009 by virtue of a league-best 97-65 mark. So, the Pirates had to settle for a wild card spot, despite finishing above .500 (94-68) for the first time since that 1992 season. Nobody in the Steel City was complaining, though, as they hadnt experienced postseason baseball since Barry Bonds was roaming the outfield at Three Rivers Stadium. And Pittsburgh rewarded its fans on Tuesday, as Francisco Liriano fired seven innings of one-run ball and Russell Martin cracked a pair of solo home runs in the Pirates 6-2 win over Cincinnati in the NL wild card game. "We didnt talk about one and done, we talked about one and run," Pirates manager Clint Hurdle said. "Win one and run to St. Louis." Pittsburgh had five All-Stars at this years Midsummer Classic, but none shined brighter than Andrew McCutchen, who continued to state his case as one of the best young players in the game. McCutchen hit .317 with 21 home runs, 84 RBI, 27 stolen bases, a .404 on-base percentage and .508 slugging percentage in 157 games. He became just the fourth major league center fielder since 1947 to have consecutive seasons of hitting .300 with a .400 slugging percentage and .500 on-base-plus-slugging percentage, joining Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays and Ken Griffey Jr. Veteran right-hander A.J. Burnett will get the call for the Bucs in Game 1. Burnett was only 10-11 this season, but pitched to a 3.03 ERA and is no stranger to postseason baseball. "It means a lot," Burnett said about getting the ball for Game 1. "I wouldnt want it any other way. Theyve come a long way, these men in here.dddddddddddd Step 2 was tonight. We have a lot of work still to be done, a lot of games to be played. It was a great win, a great step. Now we have to get ready for another series." Burnett has pitched to a 5.08 ERA in seven postseason games, but is 1-0 with a 1.54 ERA in his two Division Series outings. While Pittsburgh may be getting its first taste of postseason action since 1992, St. Louis is holding court in October for the third straight year and for the 10th time in the last 14 seasons. The Cardinals have won four playoff series in the past two seasons and have claimed two World Series titles in the past seven years. Amazingly, Mike Mathenys team keeps chugging along no matter what obstacles seem to be thrown their way. The Cardinals also enter the postseason hot, having won their last six games and 10 of the last 12 in the regular season. McCutchen may be the NL frontrunner for an MVP, but the Cards have a pair of candidates as well in catcher Yadier Molina and second baseman Matt Carpenter. In addition to being the best defensive catcher in the game, Molina has also become a more than capable bat in the lineup. This year, he hit .319 and drove in 80 runs. Carpenter was a real surprise, though, as the rookie earned an All-Star berth, hitting .318, while scoring a major league-best 126 runs. "I dont know where wed be without him -- having that leadoff hitter and having the kind of season that hes having and what hes done defensively," Matheny said of Carpenter. "Its just off the charts, as far as how good he has been and how much hes proven just what a solid baseball player he is -- no matter where we put him." The key for St. Louis will be jumping out in front on a hot Pirates team that seems to be gaining momentum by the day. And who better to do just that in Game 1 than NL wins leader Adam Wainwright, who won 19 games this season and pitched to a 3.00 ERA in three starts versus the Pirates. Wainwright was 4-0 in his final five starts, working seven or more innings in all of them except for a tuneup his last time out. "All in all, a Cy Young-caliber season," Matheny said. "Were not afraid to put him on the mound against anybody." Pittsburgh narrowly won the season series, 10-9, but lost six of nine in St. Louis. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '